Search This Blog

May 08, 2013

Hulk goes COSMIC in Marvel's Infinity

I couldn't be happier knowing Hulk is going to be involved in this Mega Crossover Event. Being a Avenger has some perks for Hulk fans. With Thor, Hyperion and Hulk in your corner, you wonder what could give the Avengers a challenge. In walks Thanos and his five lieutenants. Tim Brevoort in a interview stated Thanos's lieutenants are in Silver Surfer's league on the power scale. That is scary and a humbling notion all at once. I hate to say it but Marvel is making it clear Thanos is above Thor, Hyperion and Hulk in the Marvel pecking order of all around power. It doesn't bother me one bit.. a lot of comic fans believe Thanos is right under Sky Father levels and above Herald level.

"Thanos is going to have five different subordinates within "Infinity" proper...We'll see them, learn them, get to see them in action and then they'll be on the stage where thereafter they can be characters that go up against our heroes -- particularly our heroes that are on the higher end of the scale, power-wise. These are galactic villains, so they're not necessarily guys that are going to be punching Daredevil in the streets of Manhattan. They're more going to be mixing it up with the likes of the Silver Surfer or Nova or somebody from the cosmos." Generals of Thanos
General of Thanos
Thanos's most trusted lieutenant Corvus Glaive has debut in FCBD in Infinity. He was bad ass and a guy to be taken serious. As a Hulk die hard fan I cross my fingers and pray Hulk tangles with one or all of Thanos's lieutenants. I just want to see Hulk hold his own in the cosmic universe on panel. I know he can and he has..but there are a lot of haters who think he can't. Hulk is a powerhouse brick..I expect him to rush head first trying to smash one or all of Thanos's lieutenants. This should be a fun ride for Hulk and comic fans alike. From what I gathered Avengers 18 man roster will have there hands full against these five Lieutenants of Thanos. Check back soon for more updates on Hulk in Infinity. Make Mine Gamma!
Hickman Guides the Avengers to Infinity Pt.1
Hickman Guides the Avengers to Infinity Pt.2 


5 comments:

  1. I personally think Hulk, Thor and Hyperion have more than what it takes to match Thanos one-on-one in a fight. If all three attack Thanos at once, they'd definitely bring him down. Remember, Thanos stated avoiding a direct confrontation with the Hulk, even comparing his infinite gamma-fueled might to the Power Gem.

    I would love to see Hulk fighting one or a couple of Thanos' lieutenants. I don't consider Nova in league with Hulk or Thor. I think each lieutenant will vary in power. I could see Hulk fighting Black Dwarf and Corvus at the same time. That'd be epic!

    To be honest, I'm enjoying Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers series more than Waid's Indestructible Hulk. I mean, we got a cameo of Mastro Hulk in one of Hickman's latest issues.

    Personally, if I could choose any of the two to write Indestructible Hulk, I'd most likely go for Jonathan Hickman. His Fantastic Four run, which I'm catching up on, is great. Big, powerful, cool, cosmic and earth based stories. That's what Hulk needs.

    I just hope the upcoming 'Time to Smash' arc will satisfy our hunger for a great Hulk storyline. I won't hold my breath, but we might be surprised. And Kang the Conquerer is badass, so we can't complain about the choice of villain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one time I believed WWH, Thor and Hyperion could go toe to toe with The Mad Titan solo. But Marvel is ramping him up to be the ultimate bad ass cosmic villain. I believe because he will be the main villain in the Avengers 2 movie. Now WB Hulk could put Thanos down. But we know Marvel is trying to erase Pak's work..and Mark Waid doesn't mind either. As of right now they are making it known. Nova Prime is up there with Thor and Hulk. But I seen him get his butt handed to him by Silver Surfer in his own series..and Norrin wasn't even going hard. Silver Surfer also beat the brakes out of Beta Ray Bill. I still want Jeff Parker writing Hulk..Hickman would be a good choice also.

      Delete
    2. guys...Thanos has 1 shotted a herald of galactus, survived an all out blast from Galactus, and fought with odin for like 10 pages, with out going down. PLEASE explain to me ho WWH, or Thor, Or Hyperion can take him one on one...hell, tell me how they do that as a team?

      He's killed the surfer in 7 blows, one shotted a herald.

      Delete
  2. And remember, Hulk did briefly KO'ed and physically subdued the new Starbrand, whose power levels are infinite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very much true. It is a major feat if I do say so my self. And Hulk didn't look to pissed off either. Hulk's baseline strength is KO power in my book. Starbrand vs Silver Surfer would be the shit.

      Delete