Search This Blog

June 16, 2014

Gerry Duggan the next Jeff Parker or PAD?



How can I start this off other then saying Gerry Duggan has to hit a home run with this Omega Hulk arc. Hulk fans are extremely agitated as of right now. Especially after Mark Waid's dismissal of Hulk's fans desires and wants. After a relaunch on the series..Hulk fans find out Waid is still onboard.
HULK#5 written by Gerry Duggan
Hulk fans going insane with rage. But after the last arc Who Shot Hulk. Mark Waid actual bowed out gracefully with a good story. It left the doors open for the new writer Gerry Duggan. Writer of Deadpool and Nova. First I was like "Who is Gerry Fucking Duggan?" and why isn't Jeff Parker writing the new Hulk. But after picking up a Nova issue..I am like man this guy can write and Hulk is his favorite. Then I hear he is doing a eight to ten issue arc called Omega Hulk. God damn! Now he has my attention.

"I had some chats with Mark, and I thought what he's done with Hulk and Banner are brilliant," Duggan said to Newsarama. "It's very grounded, and logical; of course Bruce would make that kind of deal with S.H.I.E.L.D. for the lab with infinite funding in exchange for letting the monster loose. I'm also going to be keeping Banner’s assistants, but also bringing some old friends and new faces."


OMEGA HULK
Keeping Banner's lab assistants is a smart move. One of my gripes with Waid's Indestructible Hulk run is he didn't flesh out Banner's assistants enough. I started losing interest in them quick. Gerry Duggan is also stating he is bringing in some new faces. I am scratching my head on what that actually means. Does he plan on creating new heroes or villians to add to the Hulk mythos....or some Marvel characters that never interacted with Hulk before. Personally I would love to see Blue Marvel interact with Hulk/Banner.

Gerry Duggan: I have so much love for the Hulk that it almost hurts.

I don't know about you....but having a true Hulk fan helm the adventures of you favorite hero is a plus in my book. Hulk fans are willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. But be warned! Mark Waid said all the right things in his interviews and marketing of Indestructible Hulk...but failed to deliver a finished product. Best of luck and Godspeed Gerry Duggan. Halls of Hulk is waiting and watching


No comments:

Post a Comment